20.47: What is its efficiency?
Estimate the angle of separation for the following: a. The first star on the handle of the Big Dipper and the star that forms the far bottom edge of the bowl(Merak). b. The last star in the bowl of the Big Dipper(Dubhe) and the North Star (Polaris).
You are a bungee jumping fanatic and want to be the first bungee jumper on Jupiter. The length of your bungee cord is 45.0 m. Freefall acceleration on Jupiter is 23.1 m/s2. What is the ratio of your speed on Jupiter to your speed on Earth when you have dropped 45.0 m? Ignore the effects of air...
A force is applied to a 1 kg mass and produces 4.2 m/s2 acceleration. What acceleration would be produced by the same force applied to a 13.7 kg mass? Answer in units of m/s2.
A 23- bullet traveling 265 penetrates a 3.4 block of wood and emerges cleanly at 185 . If the block is stationary on a frictionless surface when hit, how fast does it move after the bullet emerges?
AC note (f = 256 Hz) is sounded on a piano. If the length of the piano wire is 1.00 m and its mass density is 2.50 g/m, what is the tension in the wire?
A rocket of total mass 3370 is traveling in outer space with a velocity of 123 . To alter its course by 21.0, its rockets can be fired briefly in a direction perpendicular to its original motion. If the rocket gases are expelled at a speed of 2300 , how much mass must be expelled?
If the coefficient of static friction between the board and the wall is 0.73, what is the least force you can apply and still hold the board in place?
A 2.19 kg block initially at rest is pulled to the right along a horizontal surface by a constant, horizontal force of 16.1 N. The coefficient of kinetic friction is 0.145. The acceleration of gravity is 9.8 m/s2 . Find the speed of the block after it has moved 3.35 m.
A store owner wishes to hang a sign weighing 900 newtons so that cable a attached to the store makes a 75 degree angle as shown. Rod b is ridged. The sign is attached at the midpoint of the rod, 1.75 meters from the building. Calculate the necessary tension in cable a.
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for Asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach any necessary files to ensure your Tutor has all the required information to answer your question as completely as possible.
- Set a compelling price. While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, offering a compelling price speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations.
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas