A person standing a certain distance from an airplane with four equally noisy jet engines is feeling a sound level intensity bordering on pain, 127 dB.
A small immersion heater is rated at 320W. Estimate how long it will take to heat a cup of soup (assume this is 240 ml of water) from 20.6oC to 50.6oC. A milliliter is a cubic centimeter.
Two charged dust particles exert a force of 5.3 10-2 N on each other. What will be the force if they are moved so they are only one-sixth as far apart?
Please do not place your response in a .pdf or .cdx format, but Word documents are okay. Thanks! Here's the actual problem: Two children, Ferdinand and Isabella, are playing with a water hose on a sunny summer day. Isabella is holding the hose in her hand 1.0 meters above the ground and is...
A person stands 3.8 m in front of a wall that is covered floor-to-ceiling with a plane mirror. His eyes are 1.8 m above the floor. He holds a flashlight between his feet and manages to point it at the mirror. At what angle of incidence must the light strike the mirror so the light will reach his...
(b) Find the change in the mechanical energy Emech of the two-block-Earth system during the time it takes the block of mass m2 falls a distance y.
A uniform ladder with mass m_2 and length L rests against a smooth wall. A do-it-yourself enthusiast of mass m_1 stands on the ladder a distance d from the bottom (measured along the ladder). The ladder makes an angle theta with the ground. There is no friction between the wall and the ladder,...
A clean nickel surface is exposed to light of wavelength 235nm . What is the maximum speed of the photoelectrons emitted from this surface? work function = 5.1 eV
A sample of 1.3e10 atoms that decay by alpha emission has a half-life of 100 min. How many alpha particles are emitted between t = 50 min and t = 200 min?
Particle 1 of charge 1 C and particle 2 of charge -3 C are held at separation L = 10cm on an x-axis. If particle 3 of unknown charge q3 is to be located such that the net electrostatic force on it from particle 1 and 2 is zero, what must be the x and y coordinates of particle 3?
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for Asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach any necessary files to ensure your Tutor has all the required information to answer your question as completely as possible.
- Set a compelling price. While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, offering a compelling price speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations.
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas