A person standing a certain distance from an airplane with four equally noisy jet engines is feeling a sound level intensity bordering on pain, 127 dB.
A small immersion heater is rated at 320W. Estimate how long it will take to heat a cup of soup (assume this is 240 ml of water) from 20.6oC to 50.6oC. A milliliter is a cubic centimeter.
Two charged dust particles exert a force of 5.3 10-2 N on each other. What will be the force if they are moved so they are only one-sixth as far apart?
Please do not place your response in a .pdf or .cdx format, but Word documents are okay. Thanks! Here's the actual problem: Two children, Ferdinand and Isabella, are playing with a water hose on a s
A person stands 3.8 m in front of a wall that is covered floor-to-ceiling with a plane mirror. His eyes are 1.8 m above the floor. He holds a flashlight between his feet and manages to point it at the
(b) Find the change in the mechanical energy Emech of the two-block-Earth system during the time it takes the block of mass m2 falls a distance y.
A uniform ladder with mass m_2 and length L rests against a smooth wall. A do-it-yourself enthusiast of mass m_1 stands on the ladder a distance d from the bottom (measured along the ladder). The ladd
A clean nickel surface is exposed to light of wavelength 235nm . What is the maximum speed of the photoelectrons emitted from this surface? work function = 5.1 eV
A sample of 1.3e10 atoms that decay by alpha emission has a half-life of 100 min. How many alpha particles are emitted between t = 50 min and t = 200 min?
Particle 1 of charge 1 C and particle 2 of charge -3 C are held at separation L = 10cm on an x-axis. If particle 3 of unknown charge q3 is to be located such that the net electrostatic force on it f
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for Asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach any necessary files to ensure your Tutor has all the required information to answer your question as completely as possible.
- Set a compelling price. While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, offering a compelling price speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations.
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas