A uranium nucleus 238U may stay in one piece for billions of years, but sooner or later it de- cays into an particle of mass 6.64 10 27 kg and 234Th nucleus of mass 3.88 10 25 kg, and the deca
A 6 kg steel ball strikes a wall with a speed of 16 m/s at an angle of 49 with the normal to the wall. It bounces off with the same speed and angle, as shown in the figure. If the ball is in cont
1)A loudspeaker of mass 19.0 kg is suspended a distance of h = 2.40 m below the ceiling by two cables that make equal angles with the ceiling. Each cable has a length of l = 3.70 m .What is the tensio
A long piece of wood of length 2.8 m is broken into 4 pieces with two pieces of length and the other two pieces of length . The four pieces are put together to form a rectangle. Find if your aim is
Question 1 1 points Save A temperature of 32 degrees Fahrenheit is equal to which of the following? 100 degrees Celsius. -32 degress Celsius. 273.2 Kelvins. -273.2 Kelvins. Q
Calculate the heat outflow when 2kg of dry saturated steam at 8.0 bar is converted into ice at -10 C.
Initially, the translational rms speed of a molecule of an ideal gas is 554 m/s. The pressure and volume of this gas are kept constant, while the number of molecules is doubled. What is the final tran
When one gallon of gasoline is burned in a car engine, 1.22 108 J of internal energy is released. Suppose that 1.05 108 J of this energy flows directly into the surroundings (engine block and exhaus
A gas is compressed under isobaric conditions, and its volume changes from 9.0 10-3 to 2.0 10-3 m3. The pressure of the gas is 1.0 105 Pa. (a) Determine the work done (including the algebraic sign
A large Foucault pendulum such as hangs in many science museums can swing for many hours before it damps out. Taking the decay time to be about 8 hours and length to be 30 meters fund the quality fact
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for Asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach any necessary files to ensure your Tutor has all the required information to answer your question as completely as possible.
- Set a compelling price. While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, offering a compelling price speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations.
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas