In the vertical jump, a Kobe Bryant starts from a crouch and jumps upward to reach as high as possible. Even the best athletes spend little more than 1.00s in the air (their "hang time"). Treat Kobe a
ronman steps from the top of a tall building. He falls freely from rest to the ground a distance of h. He falls a distance of h/ 3 in the last interval of time of 1.2 s of his fall. Hint: Firs
When a .22-caliber rifle is fired, the expanding gas from the burning gunpowder creates a pressure behind the bullet. This pressure causes the force that pushes the bullet through the barrel. The barr
One-half mole of a monatomic ideal gas absorbs 1100 J of heat while 2400 J of work is done by the gas. (a) What is the temperature change of the gas? K (b) Is the change an increase or a decrease
Three moles of a monatomic ideal gas are heated at a constant volume of 2.40 m3. The amount of heat added is 4.66 103 J. (a) What is the change in the temperature of the gas? K (b) Find the chan
in an anniversary celebration of Marilyn bell's 1954 feat - she was the first person to swim across lake Ontario - a swimmer set out from the shores of New york and maintained a velocity of 4 m/s [N].
comment on the relative magnitudes of the resistances of an ammeter and voltmeter
when the galvanometer in a wheatstone bridge circuit shows no deflection, why are the voltages across opposite branches on each side of the galvanometer necessarily equal?
for a slide-wire wheatstone bridge, why should the sliding key not be moved with the key depressed?
A 20.0 kg bag of dirt falls 10.0 m at a construction site. Assuming that all of the heat produced is retained by the dirt, how much will its temperature increase? (cdirt = 0.20 cal/deg-gm)
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for Asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach any necessary files to ensure your Tutor has all the required information to answer your question as completely as possible.
- Set a compelling price. While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, offering a compelling price speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations.
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas