The 2.2 kg, 20 cm diameter disk in the figure below is spinning at 280 rpm. How much friction force must the brake apply to the rim to bring the disk to a halt in 5.0 s?
On a vacation flight, you look out the window of the jet and wonder about the forces exerted on the window. Suppose the air outside the window moves with a speed of approximately 120 m/s shortly after
What is the downward force exerted by the atmosphere on a football field, whose dimensions are 370 by 130 ?
The figure below shows a cubical box that has been constructed from uniform metal plate of negligible thickness. The box is open at the top and has edge length L = 78 cm. Find the coordinates of the c
a 10.0 kg grocery is pushed 12.0 m along an aisle by a shopper who exerts a constant horizontal force of 40.0 N. a.) What work is done on the cart? b.)If all frictional forces are neglected, and the c
crate is pulled to the right with a force of 82 N, to the left with a force of 115 N, upward with a force of 565 N and downward with a force of 236 N. how do i find the net external force in the x
An object is placed 94 cm from a concave mirror of radius 63 cm. (a) Find the location of the image. (Enter in cm. Use a negative number if the image is behind the mirror)
A 2.0-m-tall basketball player is standing on the floor a distance d from the basket, as shown in the figure below. He shoots the ball at an angle of 40.0o above the horizontal with a speed of 10.67
A spring with spring constant 19 hangs from the ceiling. A ball is attached to the spring and allowed to come to rest. It is then pulled down 2.5 and released. The ball makes 33 oscillations in 15
A rifle is aimed horizontally at a target 58 away. The bullet hits the target 2.5 below the aim point.What was the bullet's flight time? What was the bullet's speed as it left the barrel?
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for Asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach any necessary files to ensure your Tutor has all the required information to answer your question as completely as possible.
- Set a compelling price. While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, offering a compelling price speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations.
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas