Two freight cars, each with a mass of 4.0 105 kg, collide and stick together. One was initially moving at 1.8 m/s and the other was at rest. What is their final speed?
a .275 kg object is swung in a vertical circular path on a string .85 m long
An object weighing 320 N in air is immersed in water after being tied to a string connected to a balance. The scale now reads 250 N. Immersed in oil, the object weighs 290 N. (a) Find the density of
Two horizontal forces, 236 N and 143 N, are exerted on a canoe. If the these forces are applied in the same directions, find the net horizontal force on the crate
Which ethical systems were at work for key individuals in the organization-managers,executives, and employees?
The mean concentration of potassium in crustal rocks is 27 g/kg. If 40K constitutes 0.012% of potassium, what is the 40K activity, in Bq and Ci, in 1 metric ton of rock?
A movable piston having a mass of 8.00 kg and a cross-sectional area of 5.00 cm2 traps 0.440 moles of an ideal gas in a vertical cylinder. If the piston slides without friction in the cylinder, how mu
An insect flies from the corner A to the corner B of a cubic room in 5s, where A and B are diagonally opposite corners. The side of the room is 5m. The speed of the insect is
The displacement vector for a 15.0 second interval of a jet airplane's flight is (2150, 2430) m. (a) What is the magnitude of the average velocity? (b) At what angle, measured from the positive x axi
two horizontal forces, 315 N and 145 N are applied to a sled resting on a frictionless skating rink. If they are applied in the same direction, what is the net horizontal force on the sled?
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for Asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach any necessary files to ensure your Tutor has all the required information to answer your question as completely as possible.
- Set a compelling price. While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, offering a compelling price speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations.
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas