1) Calculate the velocity of a 5MHz ultrasound signal in water if the wavelength is 6.8 x 10^-3 cm. 2) Calculate the frequency of an ultrasound signal if its velocity is 1500 m/s and the wavelen
Name the three important rays that are used in the ray diagram to determine the image location of an object
An object is placed 20.0 cm from a converging lens with focal length 12.0 cm. A concave mirror with focal length of 15.0 cm is located 75.0 cm to the right of the lens as shown in the fig
Electric field lines from a charged flat plate in air to a parallel flat plate with the opposite charge. Within this space, small rectangles of non conducting and conducting materials. Show the el
Cobalt 60 (60Co) is often used as a radiation source in medicine. It has a half-life of 5.25 years. How long after a new sample is delivered will its activity have decreased a) to about one-eighth it
A block attached to a spring of negligible mass undergoes simple harmonic motion on a frictionless horizontal surface. The potential energy of the system is zero at the equilibrium position and has a
A 9.6 kg block of metal is suspended from a scale and immersed in water as in the figure. The dimensions of the block are 11.8 cm 9.5 cm 9.1 cm. The 11.8 cm dimension is vertical, and the top
Earthquakes produce several types of shock waves. The most well-known are the P-waves (P for primary or pressure) and the S-waves (S for secondary or shear). In the earth's crust, the P-waves travel a
A 30-kg girl is bouncing on a trampoline. During a certain interval after leaving the surface of the trampoline, her kinetic energy decreases to 220 J from 410 J. How high does she rise during this in
A force does +130 J of work when it acts on a moving object and its direction is in the same direction as the object s displacement. How much work does this force do when the angle between it and the
Ask a new Physics Question
Can't find what you're looking for?
Tips for Asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach any necessary files to ensure your Tutor has all the required information to answer your question as completely as possible.
- Set a compelling price. While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, offering a compelling price speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations.
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas