It was the 8.1 question of fundamentals of statistical physics F.Reif In some homogeneus substance at absolute temperature T0 focus attention on some small portion of mass M. This small portion is in equilibrium with the rest of the substance; it is large enough to be macroscopic and can be...
discovered planet has twice the mass of the Earth, but the acceleration due to gravity on the new planet's surface is exactly the same as the acceleration due to gravity on the Earth's surface. The radius of the new planet in terms of the radius R of Earth is
a point source of light is 160 cm below the surface of a body of water. Find the diameter of the circle at the surface through which light emerges from water?
Two steel wires of the same length, one with radius r and the other with radius 2r, are connected together, end to end, and tied to a wall. An applied force stretches the combination by d = 1.8 mm. How far does the point where the two wires meet move?
The Westin Stamford Hotel in Detroit is 228m tall. Suppose a piece of ice, which initially has a temperature of 0.0 degree C falls from the hotel roof and crashes to the ground. Assuming that 50.0 percent of the ice's mechanical energy during the fall and collision is absorbed by the ice and...
You are given a sealed box with two electrical terminals. The box contains a 5.00 ohm resistor in series with either an inductor or a capacitor. When you attach an ac generator with an rms voltage of 0.750 V to the terminals of the box, you find that the current increases with increasing...
Consider a +2.0x10^-6C charge on the y-axis at y=5m and a -4.0x10^-6C charge on the x-axis at x=4m. What is the potential at the origin relative to V=0 at infinity is, in volts?
A 40.5 mA current is carried by a uniformly wound air-core solenoid with 467 turns as shown in the figure below. The permeability of free space is 1.25664 10 6 N/A2. Compute the magnetic field inside the solenoid. Answer in units of T.
A metal tank with volume 3.10 L will burst if the pressure of the gas it contains exceeds 100 atm. (a) If 11.0 mol of an ideal gas is put into the tank at a temperature of 23.00C, to what temperature can the gas be warmed before the tank ruptures? You can ignore the thermal expansion of the...
Part 1) Through what potential difference would an electron have to be accelerated from rest to give it a de Broglie wavelength of 1.2 10^ 10 m? The mass of an electron is 9.109 10^ 31 kg and Planck's constant is 6.626 10 ^ 34 J s Answer in Volts. Part 2) A ball has a...
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for Asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach any necessary files to ensure your Tutor has all the required information to answer your question as completely as possible.
- Set a compelling price. While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, offering a compelling price speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations.
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas