The rotor of a toy gyroscope consists of an annular cylinder attached to a cylindrical shafts by spokes. The rotor is spun by pulling on a string wrapped around the shaft. a) What angular velocity is
. The magnetic field of the Earth is roughly that of a magnetic dipole located at the centre of the Earth. At 15 Earth radii from the centre, the magnitude of B in the equatorial plane is found to b
A rock is thrown directly upward from the edge of the roof of a building that is 54.9 meters tall. The rock misses the building on its way down, and is observed to strike the ground 4.00 seconds after
What is meant by the expression "splitting of the atom?" Does this relate to nuclear fusion or nuclear fission? What is the difference between the two?
An alaskan rescue plane drops a package of emergency rations to a stranded party of explorers. The plane is traveling horizontally at 30m/s at a height of 200m above the ground. What horizontal dist
Please answer the three questions attached thanks
friend of yours is singing loudly a single note at 400 Hz while driving toward you at 25.0 m/s on a day when the speed of sound is 340 m/s. What frequency does your friend hear if your friend heard i
1.Describe how physical factors of light, temperature, and depth affect the distribution of biota (living creatures). this is not a essay. 5-10 sentences is enough.
Question: An 90g arrow is fired from a bow whose string exerts an average force of 135N on the arrow over a distance of 110cm. What is the speed of the arrow as it leaves the bow? Please give the e
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for Asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach any necessary files to ensure your Tutor has all the required information to answer your question as completely as possible.
- Set a compelling price. While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, offering a compelling price speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations.
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas