A cylindrical thank has a tight-fitting piston that allows the volume of the tank to change. The tank contains 0.5m of the air at a pressure of 2x 10 pa. The piston id slowly pushed in until the pressure of the air is increased to 2.5 x10 pa. If the temperature remains constant, what is the final...
A shower stall measures 92.0 cm 92.0 cm 220 cm. If you were singing in the shower, which frequencies will sound the richest (because of resonance). Assume that the stall acts as a pipe closed at both ends, with nodes at opposite sides, and that the voices of various singers range from 130 Hz to...
A girl pushes a box that has a weight of 435 N up an incline. If the girl exerts a force of 165 N along the incline, what is the mechanical advantage (MA) of the incline?
A person weighs 612N. If the person sits in the middle of a hammock that is 3.0 m long and sags 1.0m below the points of support, what force would be exerted by each of the two hammock ropes?
Using the capacitance determined in part (a), calculate the current in the circuit 7.4 after the switch is closed. Assume that the capacitor is uncharged initially and that the emf of the battery is 9.0 .
At some distance from a point charge, the electric potential is 640 V and the magnitude of the electric field is 198 N/C.determine the charge
The mass of the parasitic wasp Caraphractus cintus can be as small as 4 multiplied by 10-6 kg. What is this mass in each of the following units? -grams? -milligrams? -micrograms?
A screen is placed 49.0 cm from a single slit, which is illuminated with light of wavelength 677 nm. If the distance between the first and third minima in the diffraction pattern is 2.80 mm, what is the width of the slit?
What is the minimum coefficient of static friction necessary to allow a penny to rotate along with a 33 1/3-rpm record (diameter = 0.300 meters), when the penny is placed at the outer edge of the record? Topic: Dynamics of Uniform Circular Motion.
On a banked race track, the smallest circular path on which cars can move has a radius of 112 meters, while the largest has a radius of 165 meters. The height of the outer wall is 18 meters. Find (a) the smallest and (b) the largest speed at which the cars can move without relying on friction....
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for Asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach any necessary files to ensure your Tutor has all the required information to answer your question as completely as possible.
- Set a compelling price. While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, offering a compelling price speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations.
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas