A plane accelerates down a runway. Markers beside the runway are 9.3 m apart. The plane moves between two adjacent markers in 0.204 s. Estimate the instantaneous speed of the plane as it passes the first marker
The real object is placed at the zero end of a meterstick. A large concave mirror at the 100.0 cm end of the meterstick forms an image of the object at the 70.0 cm position. A small convex mirror placed at the 20.0 cm position forms a final image at the 10.0 cm point. What is the radius of...
1. A ceiling fan is turned on and reaches an angular speed of 120rev/min in 20s. It is then turnedoff and coasts to a stop in an additional 40s. The ratio of the average angular acceleration for the first 20s to that for the last 40s is which of the following? a. 2 b. 0.5 c. -0.5 d. -2 2....
A block is suspended from the end of a spring. An external force holds the block so that, initially, the spring is not stretched or compressed. When the block is released, it oscillates up and down between positions A and B. Sketch the kinetic energy, the spring potential energy, and the...
A 0.500- block is attached to a horizontal spring that is at its equilibrium length, and whose force constant is 25.0 . The block rests on a frictionless surface. A 5.10 10 2- wad of putty is thrown horizontally at the block, hitting it with a speed of 2.50 and sticking. How far does the...
A dockworker loading crates on a ship finds that a 16 kg crate, initially at rest on a horizontal surface, requires a 70 N horizontal force to set it in motion. However, after the crate is in motion, a horizontal force of 59 N is required to keep it moving with a constant speed. Find the...
how long can the car maintain this speed at that angle
A 1200 kg car carrying four 82 kg people travels over a rough "washboard" dirt road with corrugations 4.0 m apart which causes the car to bounce on its spring suspension. The car bounces with maximum amplitude when its speed is 18 km/h. The car now stops, and the four people...
The magnitude of each force is 236 N, the force on the right is applied at an angle 27 and the mass of the block is 15 kg. The coefficient of friction is 0.14. The acceleration of gravity is 9.8 m/s2 .
The pulley in an Atwood s machine is given an upward acceleration 7.8 m/s2, as shown in the figure. The acceleration of gravity is 9.81 m/s2 . Find the tension in the string that connects them. (Hint: a constant upward accelera- tion has the same effect as an increase in the...
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for Asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach any necessary files to ensure your Tutor has all the required information to answer your question as completely as possible.
- Set a compelling price. While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, offering a compelling price speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations.
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas