30 Two point charges q and q are separated by a distance a. At a point a/3 from q and along the line joining the two charges the potential is zero. (Assume the potential is zero very far from all ch
Which of the systems below has the most potential energy stored in its spring(s), relative to the relaxed position?
The week of the exam my father, who is also a professor and was visiting UMass on sabbatical, and I went to Target and Wal-Mart to purchase as many clipboards as they had. The students managed the be
1 Throwing a 3 kg hand grenade off a platform 40 m off the ground, with vx = 10m/s. Two seconds later a 2 kg piece hits the ground 10 m from the base of the platform. Where is the 1 kg piece at tha
C. starts out as bright as it was at t1, then dims and goes out. D. glows with constant brightness. E. glows much more faintly than at t1, then goes out. How does the bulb affect how long it takes
2. (a) A voltage source produces a voltage V when its terminals are disconnected (open circuit). When a device that draws a current I is connected across its terminals, the voltage decreases to V V
15. A circuit consists of an inductor (inductance L) connected directly to a 120 V, 60 Hz wall receptacle. What is the smallest L you could use and avoid blowing the 20 A fuse? A similar circuit con
If you estimate 0 ~ 10-11, what is the area of the plates to have a 1.0 Farad capacitance? A bank of three capacitors (C1, C2, C3) is connected as follows. C2=1 F What is the effective total capacit
For Newton, the time interval between two physical events dt is also absolute, or as he put it absolute and mathematical time, of itself, and from its own nature, flows equably without relation to any
For example, we will learn later in the course that the electrons in metals can have substantial motion (a tenth the speed of light) at absolute zero. An important insight you will learn from this co
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for Asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach any necessary files to ensure your Tutor has all the required information to answer your question as completely as possible.
- Set a compelling price. While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, offering a compelling price speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations.
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas