"A speedboat moving at 37.0 m/s approaches a no-wake buoy marker 100 m ahead. The pilot slows the boat with a constant acceleration of -3.80 m/s2 by reducing the throttle. (a) How long does it take
A 2000 kg car is slowed down uniformly from 22.0 m/s to 6.00 m/s in 4.20 s. (a) What average total force acted on the car during that time? N (b) How far did the car travel during that time?
A 54.4 kg ice skater is moving at 4.04 m/s when she grabs the loose end of a rope, the opposite end of which is tied to a pole. She then moves in a circle of radius 0.801 m around the pole. (a) Deter
The rms speed of an oxygen molecule (O2) in a container of oxygen gas is 542 m/s. What is the temperature of the gas? K
A person with a mass of 76 kg and a volume of 0.084 m^3 floats quietly in water. The volume of the person above the water is 8.00*10^-3 m^3. If an upward force F is applied to the person by a friend,
An ion accelerated through 300.00 V has its potential energy decreased by potential energy of 9.60 10-17 J. Calculate the (magnitude of the) charge on the ion. C
Please see the attachment, thank-you...!
A disk has mass 6 kg and outer radius 80 cm with a radial mass distribution (which may not be uniform) so that its moment of inertia is 9 m R2 . The disk is rotating at angular 10 speed 3 rad/s arou
A thin uniform cylindrical turntable of ra- dius 2.9 m and mass 17 kg rotates in a hori- zontal plane with an initial angular speed of 7.5 rad/s. The turntable bearing is friction- less. A clump of cl
Consider a thin 16 m rod pivoted at one end. A uniform density spherical object (whose mass is 9 kg and radius is 4 m) is attached to the free end of the rod and the moment of inertia of the rod about
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for Asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach any necessary files to ensure your Tutor has all the required information to answer your question as completely as possible.
- Set a compelling price. While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, offering a compelling price speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations.
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas