A beam of light traveling in air strikes the surface of mineral oil at an angle of 20.1 with the normal to the surface. If the light travels at 2.17 X 108 m/s in the oil, what are the following? (
If you have 2.1 kg of dry ice, what volume will it occupy if you heat it enough to turn it into a gas at a temperature of 20 degrees C ?
Please answer problem 9 and 10.
A simple harmonic oscillator consists of a block of mass 3.50 kg attached to a spring of spring constant 210 N/m. When t = 2.30 s, the position and velocity of the block are x = 0.140 m and v = 2.810
A swimmer wears a heavy belt to make her average density exactly equal to the density of water. Her mass, including the belt, is 60 kg. What is the swimmer's volume in m3? What is the simmer's weight
An electric wire that has a mass of 5.0kg for a 20 m length is strung between two poles 20 m apart. What must be the tension in the wire if it is to take 0.80 seconds for a pulse to travel along the
A block with mass m =7 kg is hung from a vertical spring. When the mass hangs in equilibrium, the spring stretches x = 0.24 m. While at this equilibrium position, the mass is then given an initial pus
A puck of mass 80.0 g and radius 4.20 cm slides along an air table at a speed of 1.50 m/s as shown in the figure below. It makes a glancing collision with a second puck of radius 6.00 cm and mass 125.
A block with mass m = 6.7 kg is attached to two springs with spring constants kleft = 28 N/m and kright = 56 N/m. The block is pulled a distance x = 0.25 m to the left of its equilibrium position and
At t = 0 a block with mass M = 5 kg moves with a velocity v = 2 m/s at position xo = -.33 m from the equilibrium position of the spring. The block is attached to a massless spring of spring constant k
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for Asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach any necessary files to ensure your Tutor has all the required information to answer your question as completely as possible.
- Set a compelling price. While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, offering a compelling price speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations.
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas