For a particular scientific experiment, it is important to be completely isolated from any magnetic field, including the earth's field. A 1.50m-diameter current loop with 220 turns of wire is set up s
A researcher would like to perform an experiment in a zero magnetic field, which means that the field of the earth must be canceled. Suppose the experiment is done inside a solenoid of diameter 1.2m,
A proton moves with a speed of 1.0X10^7m/s in the directions shown in the figure. A 0.50T magnetic field points in the positive x-direction. What is the magnitude of the magnetic force F on the proton
It takes about 81 joules to melt one gram of gallium. During the melting, the temperature stays constant. Which has higher entropy, a gram of liquid gallium at 3 C or a gram of solid gallium at 3 C
Object A and object B are two identical microscopic objects. The table below shows the number of ways to arrange energy in one of these objects, as a function of the amount of energy in the object. E
There was transfer of energy of 4600 J due to a temperature difference into a system, and the entropy increased by 8 J/K. What was the approximate temperature of the system? ? K
A block with mass m =7 kg is hung from a vertical spring. When the mass hangs in equilibrium, the spring stretches x = 0.24 m. While at this equilibrium position, the mass is then given an initial pus
At t = 0 a block with mass M = 5 kg moves with a velocity v = 2 m/s at position xo = -.33 m from the equilibrium position of the spring. The block is attached to a massless spring of spring constant k
A simple pendulum with mass m = 2.2 kg and length L = 2.7 m hangs from the ceiling. It is pulled back to an small angle of = 11.5 from the vertical and released at t = 0. What is the period of o
A torsion pendulum is made from a disk of mass m = 7.1 kg and radius R = 0.67 m. A force of F = 41.5 N exerted on the edge of the disk rotates the disk 1/4 of a revolution from equilibrium. What is
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for Asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach any necessary files to ensure your Tutor has all the required information to answer your question as completely as possible.
- Set a compelling price. While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, offering a compelling price speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations.
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas