Early black-and-white television sets used an electron beam to draw a picture on the screen. The electrons in the beam were accelerated by a voltage of 3.0kV; the beam was then steered to different po
Please help with this question. I have tried repeatedly but keep getting the wrong answer. Out of ideas. Question is attached. Thank you.
A refrigerator with a coefficient of performance of 1.99 absorbs 3.96 10^4 J of heat from the low-temperature reservoir during each cycle. If 19.9kJ of heat is required to operate the refrigerator
Two harmonic waves are described by y1 = A sin(k x + w t) y2 = A sin(k x w t) , where A = 7 m, k = 6 m 1, and w = 8 s 1. What is the maximum amplitude of the resultant waves at the position of
A 2.4 kg block supported by a string rests on a frictionless incline. The length of the string is 0.6 m and its mass of 4.4 g 2.4 kg. Find the time it takes a transverse wave to travel from one
Sound waves in air are absorbed at a rate of approximately 8.57 dB/km. An explosive charge is detonated at a height of several kilo- meters in the atmosphere. At a distance of 274 m from the explo
Can you please explain problem number one? The question is attached in the document.
You shoot an arrow into the air. 2.00 seconds later the arrow has gone straight upward to a height of 33.0m. How long from the launch of the arrow did ti take the arrow to first reach a height of 15.0
Electric Force: You and a friend have been given the task of designing a display for the Physics building that will demonstrate the strength of the electric force. Your friend comes up with an idea th
Electric Force: While working in a University research laboratory your group is given the job of testing an electrostatic scale, which is used to precisely measure the weight of small objects. The dev
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for Asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach any necessary files to ensure your Tutor has all the required information to answer your question as completely as possible.
- Set a compelling price. While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, offering a compelling price speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations.
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas