disadvantages to steel roller coasters
a laser beam (wavelength of 632.8 nm) is incident on two slits 0.2 nm apart. How far apart are the bright interference fringes on a screen 5 m away from the double slits? Thanks!
A sound wave, traveling at 333m/s, is emitted by the foghorn of a tugboat. An echo is heard 1.24 s later. How far away is the reflecting object? Answer in units of m.
Suppose you increase your walking speed from 1 m/s to 3 m/s in a period of 2 s. What is your acceleration?
You are driving home from school steadily at 96 for 130 . It then begins to rain and you slow to 65 . You arrive home after driving 2 hours and 20 minutes.
Four point charges each of magnitude 13.46micro coulombs, placed at the corners of a square 61.8 cm on a side. If three of the charges are positive and one is negative, find the magnitude of the forc
A new event has been proposed for the Winter Olympics. An athlete will sprint 100.0 m, starting from rest, then leap onto a 18.5 kg bobsled. The person and bobsled will then slide down a 56.0 m long i
A sound wave traveling at 320 m/s is emitted by the foghorn of a tugboat. An echo is heard 2.70 s later. How far away is the reflecting object?
A hiker shouts toward a vertical cliff 710 m away. The echo is heard 4.00 s later.
When you see a traffic light turn red, you aply the brakes until you come to a stop. Your initial speed was 10 m/s. Assume constant decelleration. Suppose the car comes to rest in 38m. How much time d
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for Asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach any necessary files to ensure your Tutor has all the required information to answer your question as completely as possible.
- Set a compelling price. While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, offering a compelling price speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations.
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas