There is a long hill with a gradient of 1:18 (3.18 degrees to the horizontal) on my way home from the shops. If I allow my car to coast down it, it maintains a constant speed of 55 m.p.h. (A)My car
A traveler first drives 19.4 km east, then 27.6 km southeast, and finally 10.2 km south. Find the traveler's total displacement. What is the magnitude and direction south of east?
A steel wire of length 2.07 m with circular cross section must stretch no more than 0.220 cm when a tensile (stretching) force of 420 N is applied to each end of the wire. What minimum diameter is
17.50 please provide me with explanation thanks
17.52 please provide me with explanation thanks
17.57 please provide me with explanation thanks
Vector A makes an angle of 29.7 above the positive x-axis, and vector B makes an angle of 45.0 below the negative x-axis. A = 3.12 units, and B = 1.92 units. Find A + B and A - B. A + B magnitude
17.64 please provide me with explanation thanks
18.19 please provide me with explanation thanks
18.22 please provide me with explanation thanks
Ask a new Physics Question
Can't find what you're looking for?
Tips for Asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach any necessary files to ensure your Tutor has all the required information to answer your question as completely as possible.
- Set a compelling price. While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, offering a compelling price speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations.
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas