How much work does the electric field do in moving a -7.7uC charge from ground to a point whose potential is 55 V higher?
A partitioned tank as shown contains water and mercury. What is the gage pressure in the air trapped in the left chamber? What pressure would the air on the left need to be pumped to in order to bring the water and mercury free surfaces level?
The drawing shows two transverse waves traveling on two strings. The linear density of each string is 0.0452 kg/m, and the tension is provided by a 44.5-N block that is hanging from the string. Determine the speed of the wave in part (a) and part (b) of the drawing.
Rank the transformers on the basis of their rms secondary voltage. Rank from largest to smallest. To rank items as equivalent, overlap them.
Water boils at 373 Kelvin and 212 degrees Fahrenheit, it freezes at 273 Kelvin and 32 degrees Fahrenheit. Plot this graphically. Determine the equation of the line. What temperatures in Kelvin relate to 62, 24 and 91 degrees Fahrenheit? A spherical bubble of air has a radius of 7.5 mm...
WA 60g horizontal metal bar, 12cm long, is free to slide up and down between two tall, vertical metal rods. A 5.0 10 2 T magnetic field is directed perpendicular to the plane of the rods. The bar is raised to near the top of the rods, and a 1.0 ohm resistor is connected across the two rods at...
Andy, a high school sophomore, lacks self-discipline, fails to plan ahead, and is excessively anxious. He is quickly frustrated by challenging tasks and frequently becomes overly critical of others. Use the psychoanalytic and social-cognitive perspectives to give two contrasting explanations...
An air tight box, having a lid of area 80 cm^2, is partially evacuated. Atmospheric pressure is 1.01 * 10^5 Pa. A force of 108 lb is required to pull the lid off the box. The pressure in the box was:
Now assume that the particle "chooses" a different way of traveling. Calculate the total amount of work done by the electrostatic force on the charged particle as it moves from A to D to C.
Find the voltage increase when 12 J of work is done to push a 0.0014 C charge into an electric field.
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for Asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach any necessary files to ensure your Tutor has all the required information to answer your question as completely as possible.
- Set a compelling price. While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, offering a compelling price speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations.
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas