A 1.0-m length of nichrome wire has a radius of 0.50 mm and a resistivity of 100 10-8 ohm m. If the wire carries a current of 0.50 A, what is the voltage across the wire?
A 3.0 block is attached to a string that is wrapped around a 1.0 , 6.0-cm-diameter hollow cylinder that is free to rotate. The block is released 1.0 above the ground.
A 5000 kg freight car moving at 2 m/s runs into a stationary 10000 kg freight car. If they couple on colliding and move as one object, what would be their combined speed?
A horse canters away from its trainer in a straight line, moving 126 away in 12.0 . It then turns abruptly and gallops halfway back in 5.0 .
An industrial laser is used to burn a hole through a piece of metal. The average intensity of the light is s=1.23E9 W/m^2. a.What is the rms value of (a) the electric field and (b) the magnetic fi
An AC power generator produces 52 A (rms) at 3600 V. The voltage is stepped up to 100,000 V by an ideal transformer, and the energy is transmitted through a long-distance power line that has a resista
Eighteen-gauge wire has a diameter of 1.024 mm. Calculate the resistance of 17 m of 18 gauge platinum wire at 20 C.
A small rectangular loop of wire is located close to a long straight wire initially carrying a current I = 114 A (see figure below). Find the average emf induced in the loop if the current in the wire
One of the harmonics of a column of air open at one end and closed at the other has a frequency of 448 Hz and the next higher harmonic has a frequency of 576 Hz. How long is the air column
physics question : bow string held by 200n of force bisected in the middle by the arrow. Dividing the string into T1 & T2, what do I do to explian the scale used to determine the tension and show my w
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for Asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach any necessary files to ensure your Tutor has all the required information to answer your question as completely as possible.
- Set a compelling price. While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, offering a compelling price speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations.
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas