A 1.0-m length of nichrome wire has a radius of 0.50 mm and a resistivity of 100 10-8 ohm m. If the wire carries a current of 0.50 A, what is the voltage across the wire?
A 3.0 block is attached to a string that is wrapped around a 1.0 , 6.0-cm-diameter hollow cylinder that is free to rotate. The block is released 1.0 above the ground.
A 5000 kg freight car moving at 2 m/s runs into a stationary 10000 kg freight car. If they couple on colliding and move as one object, what would be their combined speed?
A horse canters away from its trainer in a straight line, moving 126 away in 12.0 . It then turns abruptly and gallops halfway back in 5.0 .
An industrial laser is used to burn a hole through a piece of metal. The average intensity of the light is s=1.23E9 W/m^2. a.What is the rms value of (a) the electric field and (b) the magnetic field in the electromagnetic wave emitted by the laser? b.Assumed that the same laser is used to...
An AC power generator produces 52 A (rms) at 3600 V. The voltage is stepped up to 100,000 V by an ideal transformer, and the energy is transmitted through a long-distance power line that has a resistance of 100 . What percentage of the power delivered by the generator is dissipated as heat in the...
Eighteen-gauge wire has a diameter of 1.024 mm. Calculate the resistance of 17 m of 18 gauge platinum wire at 20 C.
A small rectangular loop of wire is located close to a long straight wire initially carrying a current I = 114 A (see figure below). Find the average emf induced in the loop if the current in the wire reverses direction in a time interval of 1 131 s. magnitude 1 direction 2 ---Select---...
One of the harmonics of a column of air open at one end and closed at the other has a frequency of 448 Hz and the next higher harmonic has a frequency of 576 Hz. How long is the air column ?
physics question : bow string held by 200n of force bisected in the middle by the arrow. Dividing the string into T1 & T2, what do I do to explian the scale used to determine the tension and show my work ?
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for Asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach any necessary files to ensure your Tutor has all the required information to answer your question as completely as possible.
- Set a compelling price. While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, offering a compelling price speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations.
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas