A beaver is pulling a small branch of mass m up a hill at a constant velocity. The hill slope is at an angle above the horizontal. The coefficient of friction is k. State how much force he must exe
When in deep space, a block accelerates at 4.2 m/s^2 when a 120 N force is applied to it. The coefficient of static friction for a particular plane and this block is 0.31. What angle can this plane ma
An electron is initially at rest. At time t1 = 0 it is accelerated upward with an acceleration of a = 1 1019 m/s2 for a very short time (this large acceleration is possible because the electron has a
this is a classical mechanics question. Sputnik I had a perigee 277 km above Earth's surface and its speed at this point was 28,710 km/h. Find its apogee distance from the surface of earth AND the
Your artist friend is designing a kinetic sculpture and asks for your help since she knows that you have had physics. Part of her sculpture consists of a 6.0-kg object (you can't tell what it is sup
You are driving your car uphill along a straight road. Suddenly, you see a car run a red light and enter the intersection just ahead of you. You slam on your brakes and skid in a straight line to a st
You have landed a summer job with a company that has been given the contract to design the ski jump for the next Winter Olympics. The track is coated with snow and has an angle of 25o from the horizon
A 10.4 kg block sits on a frictionless horizontal table. The block is attached to a horizontal ideal string that goes over an ideal pulley and is connected to another identical 10.4 kg block that hang
The length of a simple pendulum is 0.79 m and the mass of the bob (particle) at the end of the cable is 0.24 kg. The pendulum is pulled away from its equilibrium position by an angle of 8.5 degrees a
A wrecking ball swings at the end of the 12.0 m cable on a vertical circular arc. The crane operator manages to give the ball a speed of 5 m/s as the ball passes through the lowest point of its swing
Ask a new Physics Question
Can't find what you're looking for?
Tips for Asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach any necessary files to ensure your Tutor has all the required information to answer your question as completely as possible.
- Set a compelling price. While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, offering a compelling price speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations.
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas