2. The amount of heat that an engine rejects to the cold reservoir is 4 times the amount of work that it does. What is the efficiency of the engine?
1. A nuclear power plant operates at 75 percent of its maximum theoretical (Carnot) efficiency between temperatures of 580oC and 310oC. If the plant produces electric energy at the rate of 1.4 Giga-Wa
This is a physics problem from a workbook, Rotational Motion and Statics. This particular problem deals with torque. I'd like to be sure of my answer and if my approach to the problem is efficient. Pl
An object is moving at a constant speed around a circle. a) In which of these cases does the magnitude of the centripetal acceleration of the object increase? (Assume all other factors are kept the sa
The solar system moves around the galactic center in a roughly circular path at a radius of about 2.6x10^20m. The systems orbital speed around the center is 2.2x10^5m/s. a)What is the period of this c
A dirty teddy bear is thrown into a top-loading washing machine. The cylinder in the machine rotates about a vertical axis. At what minimum speed does the wall of the cylinder have to move to stick th
Kinematics, Force: You have a summer job at NASA where your team is responsible for specifying a rocket to lift a communications satellite into a circular orbit around the Earth. To effectively relay
Energy: While working on your latest novel about settlers crossing the Great Plains in a wagon train, you get into an argument with your co-author regarding the moment of inertia of an actual wooden w
Energy, Center of Mass: As a project your team is given the task of designing a space station consisting of four different habitats. Each habitat is an enclosed sphere containing all necessary life su
A physics question about a nylon cord
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for Asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach any necessary files to ensure your Tutor has all the required information to answer your question as completely as possible.
- Set a compelling price. While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, offering a compelling price speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations.
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas