Induced EMF and Current in a Shrinking Loop Shrinking Loop. A circular loop of flexible iron wire has an initial circumference of 164 , but its circumference is decreasing at a constant rate of 14.0 due to a tangential pull on the wire. The loop is in a constant uniform magnetic field of...
a uniform rod is 2.0 m long. the rod is pivoted about a horizontal, frictionless pin through one end. the rod is released from rest at the horizontal position. what is ht eangular acceleration of the rod at the instant the rod makes an angles of 70 degree with the horizontal?
A projectile is fired straight up at 141 m/s. How fast is it moving at the top of its trajectory? Suppose it is fixed upward at 45 abouve the horizontal plane. How fast is it moving at the top of its curved trajectory? Explain.
A room has its walls aligned accurately with respect to north, south, east, and west. The north wall has an area of 15 m2, the east wall has an area of 12 m2, and the floor's area is 35 m2. At the site the Earth's magnetic field has a value of 0.60 G and is directed 50 below the...
The spring constant can be determined from the oscillatory motion. For this case, Newton's second law gives [(m(d^2)x) / (d(t^2))] + kx = 0 where x is the displacement from the equilibrium position. The sample mass is suspended from the spring by a sample holder. Does m in this formula...
How many values of m_l are possible for an electron with orbital quantum number l = 4? Express your answer as an integer.
The molecular mass of helium is 4 g/mol, the Boltzmann s constant is 1.38066 10 23 J/K, the universal gas constant is 8.31451 J/K mol, and Avogadro s number is 6.02214 1023 1/mol. Given: 1 atm = 101300 Pa. -How many atoms of helium gas are required to fill a balloon to...
The half-life of a muon is 1.52 x 10^-6 s . Find the mean T_mean of a noun lifetime of a muon. Express your answer in seconds to three significant figures.
A bubble having a diameter of 76 cm is re- leased from a depth of 4.7 m from the bottom of a swimming pool. The density of water is 1000 kg/m3. The temperature of the water at the surface is 19 C, whereas it is 16 C at the bottom. The acceleration of gravity is 9.8 m/s2 . What will the...
A bicycle pump contains air at STP. As the tire is pumped up, the volume of air decreases by 74 percent with each stroke. What is the new pressure of the air in the chamber after the first stroke, assuming no temperature change? Answer in units of atm.
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for Asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach any necessary files to ensure your Tutor has all the required information to answer your question as completely as possible.
- Set a compelling price. While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, offering a compelling price speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations.
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas