You need to know the height of a room, but you have no tape measure. You fasten one end of a string to the ceiling of the room, and tie a small rock at the other end so it almost touches the floor. Yo
CH 16. A wave is described by the equation y = (4.5 10 2) sin (1.9x 3.2t), where lengths are measured in meters and time in seconds. What is the displacement of a particle at position x = 2.7 m at t
Long-playing vinyl records, still used by club DJs, are 12 inches in diameter and are played at 33 1/3 revolutions per minute. What is the speed (in m/s) of a point on the edge on such a record? (Ans
What would the bank angle be for a circular racetrack with radius 120 m so that a car can go around the curve safely at a maximum of 21 m/s, without the help of frictional force to keep it on the road
Rebecca goes on a popular ride at an amusement park that involves a cylinder rotating on a vertical axis, with a radius of 6.20 m. Rebecca stands inside, with her back against the wall of the cylinder
You have been hired to design a safety system to protect drivers going down hills during an ice storm. The planned system consists of a bumper, which can be considered a stiff spring, at the bottom of
Your task is to design a circus stunt in which Super Dave, who weights 170lbs, is shot out of cannon that's elevated 40 degrees from the horizontal. The cannon is actually a 3 foot diameter tube that
A physics question about a block of mass released from the top of a curved-shape track
A physics question about a nucleus disintegrating into three particles.
A 2.00 cm high object is placed 3.0 cm in front of a concave mirror. If the image is 5.0 cm high and virtual, what is the focal length of the mirror? (answer in cm)
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for Asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach any necessary files to ensure your Tutor has all the required information to answer your question as completely as possible.
- Set a compelling price. While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, offering a compelling price speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations.
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas