if k = 1.0012, by what factor will the neutron population be increased after 10 generations?
An electron and a neutral carbon atom of polarizability are at a distance r apart (r is much greater than the diameter d of the atom). Due to polarization of the atom by the electron, there is a fo
A charge of +1.62 10 9 C is placed at the origin, and another charge of +6.27 10 9 C is placed at x = 2.4 m. The value of the Coulomb constant is 8.98755 109 N m2/C2. Find the point (coordin
Part 1 Two identical conducting spheres are placed with their centers 0.48 m apart. One is given a charge of +1.1 10 8 C and the other a charge of 1 10 8 C. The Coulomb constant is 8.98755 10
determine the algebraic sign (+, -, or 0) of the velocity and acceleration of the object at the time specified. For this motion, the positive y axis is upward. An elevator is moving downward when som
A particle of mass M moves in one dimension along the positive x axis, under the influence of two forces. The first force is a constant force, with magnitude B and direction toward the origin. The sec
show directly that the time rate of change of the angular momentum about the origin for a projectile fired fromthe origin(constant g) is equal to the moment of force(or torque) about the origin.
1. A particle leaves the origin with an initial velocity = (6.87) m/s and a constant acceleration = ( - 2.48 - 4.29) m/s2. When the particle reaches its maximum x coordinate, what are (a) its velo
At time t = 0, a projectile is launched from ground level. At t = 2.00 s, it is displaced d = 41 m horizontally and h = 67 m vertically above the launch point. At the instant it reaches its maximum he
In Fig. 4-34, a stone is projected at a cliff of height h with an initial speed of 45.0 m/s directed at an angle 0 = 62.0 above the horizontal. The stone strikes at A, 5.37 s after launching. Find (
Ask a new Physics Question
Can't find what you're looking for?
Tips for Asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach any necessary files to ensure your Tutor has all the required information to answer your question as completely as possible.
- Set a compelling price. While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, offering a compelling price speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations.
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas