how do i find the acceration when i have the applied force, the object weight and the friction force?
A basketball player grabbing a rebound jumps 76.0 cm vertically. How much total time (ascent and descent) does the player spend (a) in the top 15.0 cm of this jump and (b) in the bottom 15.0 cm? Do your results explain why such players seem to hang in the air at the top of a jump?
Which of the following describes the electric field inside this conductor? It is in the same direction as the original external field. It is in the opposite direction from that of the original external field. It has a direction determined entirely by the charge on its surface....
At some instant the velocity components of an electron moving between two charged parallel plates are vx = 1.20 10e5 m/s and vy = 3.20 10e3 m/s. Suppose that the electric field between the plates is given by E= (130 N/C)j . What is the electron's acceleration in the field? What is the...
if the average speed of an orbiting space suttle is 27800 km/h determine the time required forit to circle earth. assume that the shuttle is orbiting about 320.0 km above earths surface and that the earth's radius is 6380 km
100 KW (105W) of power is delivered to the other side of a city by a pair of power lines between which the voltage is 12,000 V. (a) what current flows in the lines? (b) Each of the two lines has a resistance of 10 ohms. What is the voltage change along each line? (Think carefully. This voltage...
Theories that use concepts such as role models and identity are
A proton is initially at rest at a point where the potential is 465 V. Some time later the proton is at a point where the potential is 205 V. If no force other than the electrostatic force acts on the proton, what is its final kinetic energy?
A 73.0 kg person stands on a scale in an elevator. What is the apparent weight in each of the following situations? (a) when the elevator is accelerating upward with an acceleration of 2.00 m/s2
Calculate the electric field at point A, located at coordinates (0 \rm m, 12.0 m). Give the x and y components of the electric field as an ordered pair. Express your answer in newtons per coulomb to three significant figures
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for Asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach any necessary files to ensure your Tutor has all the required information to answer your question as completely as possible.
- Set a compelling price. While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, offering a compelling price speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations.
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas