8. Suppose the light bulb in the figure below is replaced with a short wire of zero resistance, and the resistance of the rails is negligible. The only resistance is from the moving rod, which is iron
7. A magnetic field is perpendicular to the plane of a single-turn circular coil. The magnitude of the field is changing, so that an emf of 0.85 V and a current of 3.0 A are induced in the coil. The w
6. A rectangular loop of wire is moving toward the bottom of the page with a speed of 0.023 m/s (see the drawing). The loop is leaving a region in which a 2.0 T magnetic field exists; the magnetic fie
. Charge of uniform density (80 nC/m 3 ) is distributed throughout a hollow cylindrical region formed by two coaxial cylindrical surfaces of radii 1.0 mm and 3.0 mm. Determine the magnitude of the
A 230-W heating coil designed to operate from 110 V is made of Nichrome wire 0.560 mm in diameter. (Assume = 1.50 10-6 m, and = 4.000 10-4( C) 1 for Nichrome.) (a) Assuming the resistivity o
In one cycle, a steady device transfers 1.55 106 J of energy from a reservoir at 450 K to a reservoir at 300 K. Find the change in entropy (after one complete cycle), (a) for the device, and (b) for
not sure how to do this question: Consider the points (x,Y)=(3,8) and (100,40). Calculate the unit vector u pointing from the first to the second. I was initially thinking of using the theorum sqrt(
A pendulum consists of an object of mass 4.42 kg that hangs at the end of a massless bar, a distance 1.68 m from the pivot point. Calculate the magnitude of the torque due to gravity about the pivot p
A man of mass 79.5 kg stands on a scaffold supported by a vertical rope at each end. The scaffold has a mass of 24.1 kg and is 2.4 m long. Suppose the man stands to the right from the middle of the sc
An athlete at the gym holds a 5.23 kg steel ball in his hand. His arm is 71.6 cm long and has a mass of 6.74 kg. What is the magnitude of the torque about his shoulder if he holds his arm straight out
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for Asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach any necessary files to ensure your Tutor has all the required information to answer your question as completely as possible.
- Set a compelling price. While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, offering a compelling price speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations.
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas