A 63.4 kg person jumps from rest off a 2.92 m-high tower straight down into the water. Neglect air resistance during the descent. She comes to rest 1.12 m under the surface of the water. Determine the magnitude of the average force that the water exerts on the diver. This force is...
A charge Q1 = 1.40 10-9 C is a distance r = 3.27 cm away from a charge Q2 = -6.95 10-9 C. Calculate the magnitude of the force on Q1 due to Q2.
Two ants race across a table 73 cm long. One travels at 5.9 cm/s and the other at 3 cm/s. When the first one crosses the finish line, how far behind is the second one? Answer in units of cm.
A car is traveling along a straight road at a velocity of +35.0 m/s when its engine cuts out. For the next ten seconds the car slows down, and its average acceleration is a1. For the next five seconds the car slows down further, and its average acceleration is a2. The velocity of the car at the...
Jack and Jill ran up the hill at 3.2 m/s. The horizontal component of Jill's velocity vector was 2.1 m/s.
A cylindrical shell of radius 9 cm and length 277 cm has its charge density uniformly dis- tributed on its surface. The electric field intensity at a point 21.7 cm radially outward from its axis (measured from the midpoint of the shell ) is 51200 N/C. Given: ke =8.99 109 N m2/C2. What is the...
the sears tower in chicago is 443 m tall. joe wants to set the world's climbing record and runs all the way to the roof of the tower. if joe;s average upward speed is 0.60 m/s, how long will it take joe to climb from street level to the roof of the sears tower?
During a hard sneeze, your eyes might shut for 0.30 s. If you are driving a car at 120 km/h during such a sneeze, how far does the car move during that time?
Calculate the length of the longer of the two sides of a rectangle which has an area of 23.00 m2 and a perimeter of 23.40 m.
protons are projected with a initial speed vi=9.55x10
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for Asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach any necessary files to ensure your Tutor has all the required information to answer your question as completely as possible.
- Set a compelling price. While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, offering a compelling price speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations.
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas