A football is thrown horizontally with an initial velocity of (16.4 m/s). Ignoring air resistance, the average acceleration of the football over any period of time is (-9.81 m/s2). (a) Find the veloc
An object is located near a mirror. (If it is a spherical mirror, then the focal length has a magnitude of |f|.) Below, s refers to the object distance. Based on each description of the image formed,
girl delivering newspapers covers her route by traveling 5.00 blocks west, 4.00 blocks north, and then 4.00 blocks east. The resultant displacemnt is 4.123m ------- north f east. Note: the angle is
I am stuck on this question from the mastering physics website. Can you help? Problem 4.89 Three mountain climbers who are roped together are ascending an icefield inclined at 24.0^\circ to the h
Please help with this question from the mastering physics website. Thank you! Problem 4.15 A person stands on a bathroom scale in a motionless elevator. When the elevator begins to move, the scal
A thin nonconducting spherical shell of radius 6 cm carries a uniform surface charge density = 14 nC/m2. What is the total charge on the shell? Find the electric field at the following radii, r = 1
As an airplane taxies on the runway with a speed of 15.1 m/s, a flight attendant walks toward the tail of the plane with a speed of 1.09 m/s. What is the flight attendant's speed relative to the groun
Look at document attachment
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for Asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach any necessary files to ensure your Tutor has all the required information to answer your question as completely as possible.
- Set a compelling price. While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, offering a compelling price speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations.
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas