A 0.80 m rod with uniform mass distribution runs along the x axis with its left end at the origin. A 1.8 m rod with uniform mass distribution runs along the y axis with its top end at the origin. Find
The mass of the sign shown is 28.5 kg. Find the weight supported by (a) the left support and (b) the right support. Show your work. picture attached.
A neutron star and a black hole are 6.400e+12 m from each other at a certain point in their orbit. The neutron star has a mass of 2.78 1030 kg and the black hole has a mass of 9.94 1030 kg. What is th
1a) What is a key physical difference between the spectral curves in Blue star,yellow incandescent light bulb versus green chalk board and red stage filter light? b) How do we show this difference in
A 1.06 kg block slides down a 30.0 m long 31.0 incline at constant velocity. How much work is done by friction?
For a fixed height h2 if you plot v2kin versus d, what kind of curve would you get? 1.a parabola 2.a horizontal line parallel to the x-axis 3.a straight line with a negative slope of sqrt(g/2
please help!! find the attachment.
As preparation for this problem, review Conceptual Example 10. The drawing shows two planes each about to drop an empty fuel tank. At the moment of release each plane has the same speed of 135 m/s, an
An airplane is flying with a velocity of 254 m/s at an angle of 30.0 with the horizontal, as the drawing shows. When the altitude of the plane is 2.8 km, a flare is released from the plane. The flare
Geosynchronous satellites orbit the Earth at an altitude of about 3.58 107 m. Given that the Earth's radius is 6.38 106 m and its mass is 5.97 1024 kg, what is the magnitude of the gravitational accel
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for Asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach any necessary files to ensure your Tutor has all the required information to answer your question as completely as possible.
- Set a compelling price. While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, offering a compelling price speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations.
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas