A car is driven 170 km west and then 50 km southwest. What is the displacement of the car from the point of origin (magnitude and direction)?
An elastic cord is 74 cm long when a weight of 70 N hangs from it but is 85 cm long when a weight of 200 N hangs from it? What is the spring constant of the elastic cord?
A 91.0-kg person stands on a scale in an elevator. What is the apparent weight in each of the following situations? (a) when the elevator is accelerating upward with an acceleration of 1.30 m/s2 (b) when the elevator is moving upward at a constant speed (c) when the elevator is...
The surfaces between a 6 kg block, the 22 kg wedge and between the 22 kg wedge and the horizontal plane are smooth (without fric- tion). The acceleration of gravity is 9.8 m/s2 . A block is released on the inclined plane (top side of the wedge). 6 kg 26 22 kg F 9.8 m/s2 What is the...
A 8.2 kg object oscillates at the end of a vertical spring that has a spring constant of 2.10 * 10^4 N/m. The effect of air resistance is represented by the damping coefficient b= 3.00 Ns/m. (a) Calculate the frequency of the damped oscillation. (b) By what percentage does the amplitude of the...
Jack and Jill ran up the hill at 3.6 m/s. The horizontal component of Jill's velocity vector was 1.7 m/s.
An artillery shell is fired with an initial velocity of 300 m/s at 50.0 above the horizontal. To clear an avalanche, it explodes on a mountainside 49.5 s after firing. What are the x and y components of the shell where it explodes, relative to its firing point?
A proton is accelerated through a potential difference of 2.6 106 V.
a displacement vector has a magnitude of 810m and points at an angle of 18 degrees above the positive x axis. what are the x and y scalar components of this vector?
Two 340 kg masses (756 lb) are separated by a distance of 10 m. Using Newton's law of gravitation, find the magnitude of the gravitational force exerted by one mass on the other.
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for Asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach any necessary files to ensure your Tutor has all the required information to answer your question as completely as possible.
- Set a compelling price. While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, offering a compelling price speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations.
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas