A 2.0-m-long, 500g rope pulls a 10kg block of ice across a horizontal, frictionless surface. The block accelerates at 2.0m/s^2. How much force pulls on the block of ice and how much force pulls on the
(a) The elevator is stationary. N (b) The elevator is accelerating upward with an acceleration whose magnitude is 1.40 m/s2. N (c) The elevator is accelerating downward with an accelerat
Cell phone conversations are transmitted by high-frequency radio waves. Suppose the signal has wavelength 35.7cm while traveling through air. What is the frequency as the signal travels through 3mm t
Two loudspeakers emit sound waves of the same frequency along the x-axis. The amplitude of each wave is a. The sound intensity is minimum when speaker 2 is 10cm behind speaker 1. The intensity increa
A 22-cm-long, 1.0-mm-diameter copper wire is joined smoothly to a 60-cm-long, 1.0-mm-diameter aluminum wire. The resulting wire is stretched with 20 N of tension between fixed supports 82 cm apart. Th
What is the drag force on a 1.6meter wide, 1.4 meter-high car traveling at 10m/s?
The word document enclosed has the question with a picture.
A fisherman and his rowboat have a combined mass of 125 kg. Standing in the motionless boat in calm water, he tosses out a 5 kg rock from the back of the boat, with a velocity of 5 m/s. What will be
A 20,000 kg railroad car is traveling at 3 m/s when it collides and couples with a second, identical car at rest. What is the resulting speed of the combined cars?
You have N (an even number less than 2) identical capacitors, each with a capacitance of . In terms of N and C, what is their total effective capacitance if they are all connected in series?
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for Asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach any necessary files to ensure your Tutor has all the required information to answer your question as completely as possible.
- Set a compelling price. While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, offering a compelling price speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations.
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas